The history of Congregation B'nai Shalom stretches back to the end of the 19th Century.  In 1950 two synagogues, Ahavis Achim and Anshe Lubavitz merged to form  Ahavas Achim-Lubavitz which was eventually renamed Congregation B'nai Shalom.  Formed in 1890 the Anshe Lubavitz synagogue was the second synagogue built by the post-1880 immigrants to Buffalo.  The Anshe Lubavitz followed the religious practices of the Hasidic Jews of the Russian city Lubavitz, the same Hasidic community of Chabad fame.

In 2017, Congregation B'nai Shalom merged with Temple Beth Tzedek.


Rabbinic interns